Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's been awhile...

but so what? It's not as if I'm obligated to use this thing. Maybe I'll embark on a campaign of annual 'state of the union' posts. That seems original enough, neh?

Lets review the past year. First year at MIT was great; I even did decently academically, ending up with 3 A's and 2 B's; I really should have gotten A's in Bio and Physics, but I'm not going to beat myself over the head with it. I also declared a major: Course 3 - Materials Science and Engineering. It's basically applied chemistry, but more awesome, because you get access to the forge/foundry and the glasslab in the basement. In addition to the full complement of course 3 classes I believe I'll be starting Chinese I this fall, so we'll see how that goes. Taekwondo has been going well: this year Snix and I will form the two-person "Equipment managing duo of Awesomeness" (not unlike the wonder twins, except with doboks...which are much cooler costumes anyway). With any luck I won't completely suck at sparring this year.

Summer has been pretty good; went UROPing in Mexico for a month and then came back to Boston to continue the project. It's nice being on my own but I do miss the opportunity of hanging out with my high school friends, most of whom are in Atlanta for the summer. I was going to go on a family vacation in August but my UROP advisor unfortunately wasn't too keen on the idea, so it looks like I won't be going back to the South until Thanksgiving or so. I'll try to update more regularly with specific topics, but that was a quick rundown of how things are going right now. Sauza out.

No comments: